My name is Bulama Yusuf. I have more than 5 years experience as a solution architect. Another way to put it is: I am a tech professional that actually understands business.
I’ve helped businesses transform by critically examining their needs and designing viable technical solutions that meet those needs.
I design and implement cloud solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and AWS. If you are interested in engaging a solution architect then please get in touch.
Most Recent Projects
BAM – Oct. 2022 – Jan. 2023
App for SMEs to notify staff of customer payments gotten on a central device via SMS..
- Architected the backend for very high throughput using a microservices and messaging which cut owner to staff communication from an average of 12 seconds to 1 second.
- Carried out a range of roles including backend development with SpringBoot & Docker, Android app dev., Flutter app dev., modelled the database and implemented with MySQL.
MySQL, SpringBoot, RabbitMQ, Docker, Java,Android, Flutter,RESTful APIs.
TB STARR – Feb. 2020 – Sep. 2022
A platform for Tuberculosis screening, testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Made communication fluid across technical & non-technical teams by conducting 3 stakeholder workshops in order to document needs and map them to technology.
- Modernised the architecture into microservices on AWS which improved performance by 45%.
Agile, Project Mgt., AWS, Microservices, Docker, Android, iOS, NodeJS, MongoDB, JavaEE, Linux.
Zakatify – Dec. 2018 – Feb. 2021
An innovative charitable-donations app with users in 39 countries.
- Led the development of Zakatify with more than £51,000 in charitable donations by influencing business decisions and coordinating communication between Zakatify’s leadership & it’s key technical partners (PayPal & PayPal Giving Fund).
Agile Product Management, Communication, GCP, API, Docker, MySQL, Payments, Data Modelling.
The Carbon Almanac – Oct. 2021 – Jul. 2022
An almanac about facts about our climate and the threats ahead.
- Led a team of 4 people to build the core web infrastructure. Liaised with a community of 300 people across 90 countries to document requirements for different sub-projects.
What it’s like working with Bulama
This goal of this course is to expose non-linux users to Linux. The course aims to give you the fundamentals in working with Linux. Though the word basic is in the name of the course, what is covers will give you up to 60% of all you need to know in using Linux day to day.